To apply to become an ICV volunteer please complete the following application. This information will be entered on ICV’s volunteer database and used by staff when matching volunteers to projects. Applicants must be at least 18 years of age. Please call our Volunteer Team on 1800 819 542 (toll free) if you have any questions or need assistance.
Forms can be mailed to GPO Box 6155 Mawson, Canberra ACT 2601.
Volunteering with ICV is a rewarding and often a life-changing experience for both the volunteers and the communities with which we work. Giving your time is a wonderful expression of your commitment to ensuring all Australians have the same access to opportunities, and an equal chance at realising their full potential. Ultimately it is the gift of a brighter future for Indigenous people and communities across our country.
1. Personal details
2. Emergency contact details (person will be contacted in case of an emergency)
4. Are you an Indigenous Australian?
5. Do you have a partner who is an ICV volunteer?
6. Do you hold a current driver's licence?
7. Do you have a current White Card? (Please provide a copy of the card and its
expiry with this application.)
8. Do you hold a current Working With Children check? (Please provide a copy of the card and its
expiry with this application.)
9. Availability for volunteer positions
10. In which area(s) are you willing to volunteer?
11. In which states/territories would you be willing to volunteer?
12. Please list any special requests regarding your placement on a project: (eg, timing, season, community, family etc.)
13. Do you have any special considerations ICV needs to be aware of while you are on project? (eg, health, diet, disability etc.) Note: a medical examination will be required prior to commencing a project
14. Where have you gained your knowledge of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples and contemporary issues?
15. Briefly outline your previous volunteer experience (eg, community groups, service organisations, charities etc.)
16. Please provide contact details for two professional and two personal referees who are not family members/partners. Note: your second referee will be contacted if your primary referee is unavailable.
17. How did you hear about ICV?
18. Would you like to receive ICV's newsletter?
The skills you tick are entered into our database and will be used in matching you to a project.
Formal qualifications are not essential. In addition to professional skills also consider your hobbies.
Click on each field to reveal the available skills. If you have a skill that's not listed you can enter it below.
Skilled – Please tick next to each skill you are confident you can transfer
Formal qualifications – Please tick if you have formal qualifications associated with the skill (eg diploma, degree, certificate etc) and provide details below
Specialisations – Please tick if you have an area of specialty and provide details below
Please note any skills that aren't on the list above or clarify any skills that needs further explanation.
20. Volunteer statement
Provide a brief description eg, personal qualities, family details, interests and hobbies etc. What motivated you to apply to become an ICV volunteer? What are your personal qualities that you consider would make you a good volunteer?
21. Photo attachment
Please upload a passport sized photograph in either JPEG, GIF, BMP or PNG format.
Note: Please upload your photo right before you intend to submit your application for review. Attached files can not be saved between editing sessions.
22. Police check consent form
Please upload a copy of the police check consent form.
Note: Please upload your form right before you intend to submit your application for review. Attached files can not be saved between editing sessions.
23. Curriculum vitae attachment
Please attach a CV which contains qualifications and training (including the year completed, institution, state/country) and employment information (including year, position/organisation and duties). Also include any relevant work experience.
Note: Please upload your CV right before you intend to submit your application for review. Attached files can not be saved between editing sessions.
25. Save or submit application
Clicking save allows you to return to your application at any point and edit it. Clicking submit will send your application for review. You won't be able to edit it again.
ICV complies with the National Privacy Principles contained in the Privacy Act 1988. Further information regarding ICV and privacy is available here.