- Canberra Location
- Temporary 4 month position
Would you like the opportunity to contribute to a dynamic Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander organisation and its growth and sustainability?
Are you passionate about closing the gap on Indigenous disadvantage?
ICV facilitates community development and research activities with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and communities. We support communities to harness opportunities available to them to overcome social and economic disadvantage through community development and capacity building projects. Reconciliation that occurs through our volunteering and social enterprise initiatives is also an important outcome of our work.
We currently have a rare temporary opportunity for a data base administrator who will support our Supporter Engagement and Operations teams. We are looking for someone who has previous database experience, preferably in a fundraising marketing environment, or has the proven aptitude to quickly learn on the job. Our head office is located in Canberra, however we are flexible with location and would consider a working from home arrangement for the right candidate.
Reporting to the General Manager Supporter Engagement, essential to the success of the role is:
- At least 2 years experience in using data management systems, ideally in a direct marketing or fundraising context.
- Experience in providing help and/or technical support to a range of database users with varying abilities.
- Experience in Raisers Edge would be advantageous
- Experience in development and provision of management reports.
- Proven ability to manage resources efficiently, effectively and ethically in challenging and culturally diverse settings, to produce quality outcomes.
- Analytical, written communication and information technology skills.
- Experience working in public fundraising programs, direct marketing and/or community development.
Applications must include a statement addressing the selection criteria.
For a full position description and selection criteria, please email email@example.com
If you believe that you are suitable for this role, then please submit your application by 5pm Monday 22nd July, 2019 to firstname.lastname@example.org.
ICV aims to be an employer of choice for Indigenous and non-Indigenous Australians.
Indigenous Australians, culturally and linguistically diverse Australians and women are strongly encouraged to apply.
The application form will include these questions:
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How much notice are you required to to give your current employer?
You must have the right to live and work in this location to apply for this job.