Jobs at ICV
- Would you like the opportunity to contribute to a dynamic Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander organisation and its sustainability?
- Are you passionate about closing the gap on Indigenous disadvantage?
- If your answers are yes, then ICV has the opportunity for you!
- Canberra Location
- Ongoing part time position (4 days per week)
ICV facilitates community and human development projects with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and communities. We support Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people to harness opportunities available to them and overcome social and economic disadvantage through community development and capacity building projects. Reconciliation that occurs through our volunteering initiatives is also an important outcome of our work.
A rare and exciting opportunity has become available to coordinate volunteering at ICV, working alongside ICV’s community development teams to recruit and support volunteers and refine our volunteer systems at ICV.
- Coordinate effective recruitment, screening, placement and retention of ICV volunteers.
- Engage effectively with current and prospective volunteers, and across regional teams, to ensure streamlined volunteer coordination and communication.
- Implement ICV’s volunteer strategy.
- Coordinate and support regional teams to induct volunteers.
- Engage proactively with external Stakeholders including corporates, government and NGOs.
The successful candidate will require:
- Strong administration skills and attention to detail, including ability to prioritise conflicting needs.
- Strong people skills including ability to build and maintain productive relations with staff, volunteers, management and stakeholders.
- Strong IT and analytical skills, including data base user experience.
- Demonstrated writing and communications skills including preparing promotional, print and media communications.
- Demonstrated skills in event coordination.
- Knowledge of community development and volunteering is desirable.
For a full position description and selection criteria or further information please email Daryl Phillips
email@example.com or by calling 0424 705635. You can also visit www.icv.com.au for more information.
Applications must include a statement addressing the selection criteria and should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm Friday 9 November 2018.
ICV aims to be an employer of choice for Indigenous and non-Indigenous Australians.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, culturally and linguistically diverse people are encouraged to apply.